Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Overcoming fear

Jumping into the water at shark-ray alley has got to be one of the bravest things I've done. It was close, but I overcame my fear and swam with the fishes... I know they are only nurse sharks, but they are still sharks!!

The water was literally churning before we jumped in. The fish and sharks are used to being fed by the tourist boats and so they swim up and greet you at the buoy.

The first picture I took in the water. So close I could have touched him if I were braver.

You can see the edge of Eric's mask on the side of this picture as we stare in amazement.

A couple of nurse sharks cruise by again.

A very nervous Zeth keeps his hands behind his back.
Eric named this picture: Zeth & the Blue Tang.

Previous Next

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you remember in florida when we went snorkeling and the fish were jumping on our heads?! It was so gross. They weren't nearly as pretty as these fish either!