Friday, May 14, 2010

The Sad with the Good

While Wednesday the 28th saw the fulfillment of dreams years in the making... The joy was tempered by sadness too. Annabelle has made many an appearance here on Drifty, and many of you knew her in real life as well. Three years ago we thought we were going to loose her to cancer within the month. She, however, beat all odds and we named her Survivor Kitty. The vet gave her weeks... She lived another 3 years. In those three years we experienced much hardship and she was there to help me learn to smile again and feel love. During the last months of pregnancy when I was huge and cranky and miserable, she was my constant companion, purring into my ear and letting me know everything was alright. To many people, cats are just pets, but to me, Annabelle was part of the family and as such will always have a place in my heart.

No comments: