Thursday, September 28, 2006

Which desk was yours?

It never fails to amaze me how some children keep their desks spotless with no instruction, while others are hopelessly messy even after I have repeatedly shown them how to stay neat and organized! Which kind of student were you?

He has not even a crayon out of place.

This is after I had just helped him get organized this morning!!

Previous Next

Additional thought for the school day: The kids can be amazing. I had one of those mornings where nothing seemed to go my way. I left my water bottle at school the previous day. I couldn't find my keys. I had 5 wardrobe changes as nothing seemed to match or be clean. I got stuck in traffic and almost missed my meeting with my principal. I was disgruntled and out of sorts and was still wearing a brown shirt that didn't really go with my grayish pants and definitely didn't go with my yellow socks. My children came up from bus line noisely and I felt the day was just not going to go well... Then one little boy shot me a beautiful grin and said, "Mrs. Jewart, I like your outfit today." We sat down, got to work, and what do you know? It wasn't such a bad day after all =)

5 comments:

Rachel Summers said...

Me: the 2nd desk. In fact, my desk kind of looks like that now. In fairness, these kids only do have about 6 things to keep straight, so they'll probably be ok. Cute pix. :)

Unknown said...

Awwwww....that is so cute about your clothes. I'm glad he cheered you up!

I'd be desk number two....the one that is messy....now you know where Edward gets it :-)

Anonymous said...

Definitely desk # 2, I'm hopeless with organization, as you know! :)

Glad your day got better!

Anonymous said...

I'm the first desk. In fact, if I were that child, I would put the folder (second to top) on the bottom because it's the biggest item.

Anonymous said...

Kitty knows what she's talking about.