Saturday, September 30, 2006

Apple Picking

Today a group of us went apple picking at Nashoba Winery. It is a favorite fall activity here in New England. The day was absolutely gorgeous, a perfect day to pick apples. Eric & I now have our requiste bushel of apples, which I will hopefully turn into something yummy. I took numerous pictures and was unable to cut them down to just a couple... So I apologize, but this entry is a little large! Hope the pictures can convey what a perfect afternoon this was.

Lovely tree against a lovely sky.

I love the redness of these apples.

Got to have my typical shot of one in focus with the soft background.

Yum. Getting to chow is the best part of picking! Nothing beats a bite out of an apple straight from the tree. The whiteness of the flesh is so pretty against the color of the skin of the apple.

Erica and Colleen trying to decide if they should pick more of these apples.

Jamie nicely holds the bag open for Cate. Those of you who've gone apple picking know that bag gets mighty heavy by the end of the trip.

The group heads on to a different part of the orchard, while I fall behind to take their picture.

Being that it is a winery, we couldn't leave without trying some of their fruit wines and different beers! Nashoba is no Napa, but it's not too bad for New England.

Previous Next

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I want to move back to New England noooooooow!

Anonymous said...

We want you to move back too!

Okay, off to make some crisp...

Unknown said...

Looks like a really fun time! I love apple picking! We went a couple of weeks ago and since then I've made a couple of batches of applesauce, an apple pie, and some crisp....The menfolk here gobble it all down.