Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We're Back!

Oh man, I wish there were words to describe this amazing vacation... What a beautiful fantastic location. Belize is truly paradise! You should all plan trips to visit, and if you do, let me tell you, sailing around the cayes in your own cat is really the way to go.

So, I have roughly 5 gigs of pictures to share with you all! I will try to narrow it down to the best of the best, but this vacation is definitely going to be showing here for the next month or so. I think that I will try to take you along chronologically, but we'll see... For now, here are some shots of us and the boat to get you started!

It is our first morning in Placencia after arriving yesterday afternoon. Our luggage is still stranded in Miami (yes, all of it) but I have my cameras, I'm eating breakfast with the best view ever (I'll show you some of it tomorrow!), and I discovered how tasty really fresh watermelon juice is. How could I not smile?

Eric tries to remember how to secure the dingy as we are about to go shopping for groceries ('provisioning' in boat terms). Our boat "Always & All Ways" is directly behind his head, tied up at TMM's odd little island head quarters in Placencia.

Zeth and Deirdre have joined us (and our luggage has finally decided to make an appearance too!) So we enjoy a couple of Belikins as we get used to what will be home for the next week.

View of the sunset and the other boats gently rocking on their moorings. They all belong to the other company who charters out of Placencia (and elsewhere).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see more pictures. It looks gorgeous! I'm glad to hear you had such a great trip--and no dinghies lost :-)