Thursday, August 17, 2006

Up Close

Both of these shots were cropped heavily in Photoshop to make the focal object fill the screen. For the rose, I couldn't get closer because I was using a fixed focal lens, and for the bird, I couldn't get closer because it wouldn't let me! I generally much prefer to do my cropping/composition in the viewfinder at the time of the shot, but sometimes I guess it's just not possible. Still, I enjoy these images!

A perfect rose growing in our backyard. We planted these climbing roses this year and seem to have had luck with 2 out of 3 of them.

Very cute little bird that Eric wanted me to try and capture in the Public Garden. This was definitely inspired by the amazing squirrel shot from before... It has made me want to photograph 'wild' animals! Haha.

Previous Next

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come visit here and you can photograph sea lions (and maybe Orcas)from my kayak. Love, Dad

Unknown said...

I just love the little bird! Annabelle would probably enjoy it, too! :-)