Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireworks by the River

If there is one thing about Boston that I have always loved, it is watching the fireworks over the Charles River. If you've never experienced it, I am inviting you right this minute to come stay with me for next years festivities! It was a small gathering this year at Cate's, but a very good time was had by all (even Jamie eventually recovered from Germany's loss to Italy...) Here are some images that try to capture the amazing lights, feelings, and sounds of the evening.




I know I say this every year, but I do think this year's fireworks topped the rest. The fireworks seemed brighter and louder, and the choreography with the music was outstanding. Riding the escalater at Porter, Cate and I saw a perfect image for Drifty... a large child (6 yrs old perhaps?) being carried by her very small mother, totally and completely conked out. The ensuing ethical discussion about whether it was appropriate to take their picture and the post it online took too long and the window to capture the shot was gone. I'm still not sure which side of the discussion I fall on... I'd love to hear thoughts from others.

No comments: