Saturday, May 05, 2007

Conch, again

I had a whole bunch of underwater photos ready to be posted, but then had to cope with the distressing news that Annabelle (our cat) has cancer. She had surgery on Friday and is back at home resting up and looking incredibly scary with her big scar. We're going to have to get her a big pink ribbon so that everyone knows she is a survivor! I'm just glad that she's recovering so well and has been less upset than myself about the whole ordeal.

I will now attempt to post the remaining underwater pictures for you... Perhaps you remember the picture of the baby conch from Belize? Well, here is the grown-up version in Jamaica.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Very cool pics. Hope your kitty is doing ok!

Unknown said...

The guy holding the conch is our leader for that dive, Fast Car. Yes, that is his name. All the dive guys had interesting names: Big D, Doctor Bones, Terminator... I'm not sure if names like that are a Jamaican custom or if they made them up for us tourists, but that's really what their official nametags said. Regardless of their names, they were a great bunch of guys and took fantastic care of us, especially Stewey, who was our instructor when we got certified down there.

BTW, Melissa forgot to give me credit for these photos but I took them!

Unknown said...

I love the photos -- they are beautiful, Eric! Sorry to hear about Annabelle, how is she doing?