Saturday, September 13, 2008

Painting Process

Last weekend we painted for roughly 37 hours. It was tiring, but looking back, I think it was fun too! (Of course I'm a big dork who loves to paint...Erica says it has something to do with my love of instant gratification...)

So, we learned a couple of things this weekend:
1) Not all ceiling paints are created equal (or the same color)
2) Better brushes DO make a difference
3) Do not let me handle a roller unless you want it back lumpy
4) Taping the ceiling is not necessary if you have a steady hand
5) Always, always find a helpful friend who is willing to be paid in beer and pizza!!


Eric painting the guest bathroom upstairs.
The blue is a little darker than I had imagined, but I think it will be lovely with the right accessories.


The faithful friend Erica who even came back on Sunday to help finish up!
She's painting the spare room the same color as we painted the hall and stairs.

And me... The photographer is never in the photos!
I'm painting (edging) the master bath a gorgeous sage.

More photos of wall colors to come...

No comments: